Populaire berichten

maandag 23 september 2019

Failure (David Lowrie)


Failure. I haven't said much about this in recent poems.

Procrastination. Adaptation. The words butt heads like deer. The only thing holding me back from living my life is fear. The failure in the moment and what comes dancing by in toe, how do I know what i'm striving for if I don't go with the flow?

Failure is a part of growing. This is a fact of life, but how do I get past myself when I am holding the knife? How do I break down that man and tell him it's alright - alright to lose sight of the idea that just might - change his life for the better? I can't stay laser focused on something like that forever.

I need time to rest. Time to recouperate. I need to take time to just breathe and to make the space. Need is a dangerous word though, for it implies much force. I replace it with "prefer" to help me stay my course. I prefer to take the time to be one with who I am - to strategize and motivate the man inside the man.

To disarm that crazy fucker with a hug and he drops the knife, letting myself fall into flow as I create my life. We all go through struggle, yes trust, that it is real. But the only way to conquer is to lean in and learn to feel. Feel into that anger. Feel into that pain. Feel into procrastination and learn to adapt the same.

Feel into the life that you know you can build right now. Feel into the love, reach out your hand and get shown how. 

David Lowrie

Geen opmerkingen: