Populaire berichten

vrijdag 8 april 2016

Hafiz - To anything that moves

Yesterday it was sweet madness,
Reciting poems for hours

And talking about love to anything that
Moved.

I lay down late thinking I might be able to sleep
All the way until there was the light
Of resplendent sounds  -  and polished jokes  -
From the morning birds.

That was foolish of me,
For in just a few minutes, three worlds
Crawled from a cave in my heart,
Built a huge fire and yelled,
"Get Up!"

They could not contain their happiness
Living inside of one as ripe as I.

We began jumping up and down
And banging our heads
Like a drunk bronze clapper in a sacred Buddhist bell  -

Against the fields and mountains,
Against all the jeweled walls of the Universe.

Yesterday was such exquisite madness,
Singing about the Friend for hours

And talking about love to anything
That dared to move.

Yet I believe another wonderful day,
And perhaps even a sweeter height of rare, inspired insanity,
O Hafiz, has just begun.

- From THE SUBJECT TONIGHT IS LOVE  - 60 Wild and Sweet Poems of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky


Foto: Vera Hooftman 

Geen opmerkingen: